1. 45 minutes to put above child in diapers. 3 minutes for dress, socks, shoes and hat.
2. 5 minutes (or less) for own preparation, this includes breakfast.
3. One pair of arms to carry car seat (beautifully safe, extraordinarily heavy) to street.
4. Another pair to elbow nudge child out of door, while wielding stroller (empty of course).
5. Good knees for 62 step descent to street, while balancing child and stroller as they alternatively lunge from one step to another.
6. Ability to distract child (desperate to crawl into car seat and offended by father’s attempts to remember how said seat fits into car) while loading “collapsible“ stroller into trunk designed for one bag of groceries and a bottle or two of beer.
7. Sense of humor when you realize that you have remembered to bring backpack with diapers, sippy cup, pretzels and Dr. Seuss, but forgotten your own sunglasses and breakfast bar (to make up for 15 second sip of tea – see 2.).
Sadness at Cattle Creek
11 hours ago