Monday, November 06, 2006

Saturday morning, 6 am

Saturday, I woke at 6 and took the tram to Mala Strana, to watch the sun rise over the castle and see Charles Bridge without tourists. There was no one about except us....
and a bunch of photographers with their tripods at the ready.

After the sun rose, we headed to Old Town Square, to enjoy downtown free of the hordes. It was my first visit to the clock without a crowd pressed around, and so I took a few close ups. My favorite of the morning:

After the clock, the next step was breakfast. There was a crowd at the bakery. The service was surly, the coffee most welcome, and the sheep dogs most hairy.

Then I came home, just as Will and C were waking up. An excellent morning. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love that bakery! And what a great idea to get up so early to see the bridge without tourists! However, it does seem a bit... not like you ;)

Good to know that it is actually physically possible to get you to leave your bed before 8 am...

Miss Kim said...

I think that was a really interesting thing to do!

Unknown said...

Oh man! That sounds like so much fun. I actually lived in Prague for the month of May 2002. I loved it there and I certainly know I'd love doing what you did then!

I found you from Christina's blog.

christina said...

Beautiful. I love the second picture.

Julia said...

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed it, especially the bakery reward afterwards ;-). Bakeshop Praha - corner of Dlouha and Kolkovna, in case anyone is wondering.